Saturday, August 2, 2014

Thomas O'Malley and Marie - A Mommy Brag

I started taking dance class when I was 3. My mom made me continue in middle school when I wanted to quit. Then a couple of times in high school when I wanted to quit. She knew that I loved it and was just tired, so she let me skip a week or two of class and then go back rather than quit all together. I am so glad she never let me quit! I love dancing; but more than that, I love to teach dance. I would not be doing what I am now, if my mom had let me quit. I would not be sharing this joy with my children if she had let me quit!

For the past two weeks we have worked on Disney's Aristocats Kids. Aidan is playing Thomas O'Malley and Lilly is playing Marie. They are both doing such a great job! Aidan has a great voice (he definitely takes after his dad). His dancing is pretty good too, in my totally unbiased opinion! (Okay - maybe a little biased as his mom and teacher.)

Aidan as the tough Alley Cat - Thomas O'Malley.


Lilly has a pretty voice too. She is finally starting to really hear pitch and keep rhythm well. She amazed me at auditions. Really. I could hear her, she was focused, she followed directions. She had so much energy reading any line I gave her! I was a proud!  She did great the first week of rehearsal - then the second week started and she was tired, but she worked hard, learned all her lines and songs (a lot for a 6 year old!)

Lilly as Marie, the Aristocat. 


She still gets a little distracted by the audience and the lights when she is on stage, but she did great!

All of the kids looked tired last night. It was a long week and a long day with 4 hours of rehearsal and a show. We have one more show at 11:00 am today and I know it will be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment