Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Box Day!

What is box day? Box day is the day that the BIG box full of the year's curriculum arrives at my door. Yesterday was that day! One of the greatest joys in a homeschool mom's year is box day. Maybe it seems silly, maybe it makes us sound a little geeky but it causes joy for so many reasons! I love seeing posts on Facebook with pictures of the boxes of new curriculum. It makes me excited for my friends and impatient for my own packages.

The first thing you notice when you open that box of books in the smell. Nothing beats that new book smell. (Kind of like new car smell, but better.) The new book smell evokes memories of books read and loved - pleasant and relaxing memories. Memories of great joy. There is nothing like starting a new book.

Next you hold the books and flip through them. Looking at all of the new curricula makes you excited for the year ahead. You see all the wonderful things you will teach and learn alongside your children. The beautiful pictures, the amazing stories, the opportunities all excite you.

Box day is the beginning of the new year. The books arrive and I immediately get started planning for the year. I had about half of our curriculum entered into my planner. I got started on our new books as soon as they arrived and I finished it off today. We are ready to start school - we have our books, our supplies, and a plan! Now we just have to wait for the end of theatre camp!




No comments:

Post a Comment