Sunday, September 7, 2014

Week 3 - Staying Flexible!

Last week was week three of 4th and 1st grade. It did not go at all according to plan!

Monday was great, Tuesday was great. Wednesday and Thursday, Lilly slept until 1 and I had some studio work to do. We did history, timeline, geography, and science on their assigned days, but Lilly did not do any of the planned reading or math. I downloaded a flash card app on my phone. She did spend a little while each day doing math drills. She did all of the 1s, 2s, and 3s.

Friday, Lilly had a sleepover. She slept in again and we got a little work done, but she was too excited about her party!

Saturday we picked Lilly up at 9:30, ran a couple of errands, came home for lunch, took Aidan to auditions, picked Aidan up, went to the library, and had leftovers for dinner. We made it to bed a little earlier than normal because we were exhausted!

Today, Sunday, we actually made it to morning church service! Then we had to stop at the library to get something Lilly left, we had lunch, Lilly and Daddy went fishing, then Lilly went to her second birthday party of the weekend! We had to stop at the grocery store for a few things, we had dinner and now we are heading to bed!

It has been a busy crazy week! I have had to adapt our school schedule and push some lessons back. I am so happy I found a planner that will just tell me what to do tomorrow. If we did not get to it last week, it will show up on next week's schedule.

Next week, we will do it all! Maybe. If we don't, it will be okay. It has taken 4 years for me to really get used to that idea. I still struggle sometimes, but I know we will finish what we need to by the end of the school year and if not - we will just finish it next year! Flexibility is great; it takes some getting used to but it yields some amazing results!




She may not have finished all of her school work for the week;

but she did some great artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment