Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our "Not Back to School Day" Celebration

If Aidan were attending public school, he would have started Kindergarten today. We, however, started First Grade 3 weeks ago. He has some friends that started school today and will have more friends start school next week. The first day of school is a BIG deal. I wanted our "not back to school day" to be a big deal for Aidan, too. So we went BOWLING! Aidan has wanted to go "real" bowling (we play on Wii sports) for a while. He was so excited. Here are a few pictures of our family bowling trip today. (I forgot my camera, so all the pictures are from my phone, they may be a little fuzzy.)


Aidan tried the bowling track and did not like it, he decided to bowl like Mommy and Daddy instead. He did a great job!



Lilly, however, did very well with the track! With a little help, she had a pretty good score.

I think this is a tradition we might keep every year. It was fun to take a break from school on the day everyone else went back. We had the bowling alley to ourselves. I don't know that we will bowl every year; but we have a fun family day.

No comments:

Post a Comment